Travel Musings of a Laowai

I've got a sudden odd feeling. As much as I love travelling, visiting new places and experiencing new cultures, histories and food, I'm missing Chengdu. 

It could be because I've done so much in such a short amount of time (with little of the side of relaxation) that I've just run out of energy and crave the comfort of my bed and relaxation. 

Or it could be because Kuala Lumpur (my current destination at the time of writing this) is just bland. It has very little to offer and is just a rehash of what I've seen, experienced and tasted in the past couple of weeks. It's actually boring here, and is more of a stop-over point for travellers heading to and from Singapore. (Oh how I would love to spend a couple more days back in Singapore, despite it being slightly expensive, I loved it there).




(Just some of the sights of Singapore; Chinatown, the rainforest and the spectacular Botanical Gardens, that the tiny, but amazing country, country has to offer).

I'm not alone in this longing to return. My travelling buddy JJ, a Scottish colleague and good mate, is feeling the same. We both crave to be away from Kuala Lumpur and it's boring and depressing demeanour. Also we can't handle anymore 'Gap Yah' backpacking wankers! If you haven't seen the YouTube video then you're missing out. 

(http://youtu.be/eKFjWR7X5dU) - if you don't do anything exciting today, then at least watch this. If anyone has been travelling before, then more likely than not you'll have met someone who is exactly like this!