As I'm writing this, I'm currently sat on a small but beautiful beach in Langkawi, an island in the far north of Malaysia and on the border of Thailand. It's so peaceful here and is a great retreat after the hustle and bustle of metropolitan Singapore.
(Despite the overcast looking sky in the picture, it wasn't like this at all! Pictures can never do justice)!
I do miss Singapore though and despite it being a very busy city, it was quaint and bursting to the brim with differing cultures and it was exciting to experience that. Chinatown was amazing and it made me miss Chengdu a lot, especially when a Singaporean man, his wife Sichuanese wife, my friend and I were having a conversation in Sichuanhua (it's the dialect in Sichuan in China).
My final day in Singapore was another day of experiencing something new; it was spent in the Tiger brewery, and honestly it was some of the best beer I've ever tasted! To top it off, and the end of the tour, we were delighted to see an old British tavern (which we don't have in Chengdu at all)! It was nice way to end Singapore by playing pool, drinking unlimited beer and thinking about all the great food that Singapore had offered. I hoped Malaysia would just be as good!
... It wasn't, at first.
The main beach strip in Pulau Langkawi reminds me of Golden Sands in Bulgaria (a place I would never ever visit again, it's f*****g terrible) and somewhere in Spain. It's an area made for package tourists with really bland and boring food on offer and banana boat rides. I didn't want this! (Although the beach and view is very beautiful).
I craved for the traditional Malaysian culture (along with the beautiful and exotic beaches), and this afternoon it's been delivered! I don't want to leave here and go back to cold weather of Chengdu!
Oh, and the beach I'm currently on actually has wild monkeys roaming about!






