Mushy peas and what?!?

One of my favourite autumn and winter pastimes growing up in Nottingham has always been warming myself up with a pot of mushy peas and mint sauce (if you’re not from Nottinghamshire and surrounding areas, this’ll sound an odd concoction - but trust me, it’s delicious!) 
So with Candy and me visiting over the Christmas and New Year holidays, the first point of call was the Christmas market in the square down town...




(Candy about to try that beautiful Notts delicacy....)

Cue my shock and horror as her face turned into a sour demeanour.... she hated the taste of mint sauce! And in an act of blasphemy she scooped the sauce into the nearest bin!
(I wish I had managed to capture the moment her face turned to disgust when she itnitally tasted it!)


(Nottingham city centre at Christmas)

Keep up to date as I (slowly) upload more posts about our travels, tastes and experiences around the U.K. (hopefully with more instances of a Chinese girl trying to fathom the taste of British food and drink... I can’t wait for her to try black pudding or toad in the hole!)