We're engaged! 我们定婚了! wǒmen dìnghūn le!


It’s been a little slow on the blog front at the moment. However… drum roll please…

I’m extremely happy to announce that me and Candy are engaged!




I asked my beautiful, smart and funny girlfriend (not to mention my best friend) to marry me! It was a complete surprise to everyone and no one, not even Candy herself, had a clue that it was going to happen.



(By the way, she said yes!)


Now here comes the hard part. Having to plan not just one wedding, but two! And to make matters even more difficult, I’m going to have to say a speech at our Chinese wedding in both English and Mandarin… I think it’s time to dust off my Mandarin textbooks and brush up on one of the most difficult languages in the world! 我的天呢!wǒ de tiān ne!


Don’t believe me about how difficult Mandarin can be? Check Google for yourself!